Pages

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Be ready to be interrupted

When one tells God, its fine interrupt me all you want, I will do your work.
BE PREPARED!
That's all I have to say.
I woke up on time, I say it again, On Time!
I picked up, got a shower, made lunches, got all ready and we were walking out the door and it hit. Like a burst pipe.
"I have to go to the bathroom mommy." My daughter said.
Then "I have diarrhea" Oh the words I did not want to hear today of all days.
I had plans, not often to I have these but today was a day I did.
I needed to go to work, I had my nephew being dropped off to me as soon as I got off.
Him and I were going to go to the library while we waited for my little girl to get out of school. I had a meeting at church. I wanted to get paid for yesterday so I HAD to go to work TODAY.
For a split second I thought oh she will be just fine and it was like God said oh no!
The poor kid was NOT getting off the toilet any time soon.
I called in.
I called her school.
I called her doctor. They said oh vomiting and diarrhea are going around. Wow was I happy that she only had the diarrhea part.
I canceled with my sister to take my nephew.
I canceled with my meeting at church.
I stayed home and took care of the most precious gift God has bestowed upon me.
My daughter.
So now I sit with a clean house. A child that is going to bed. And another day to plan for, for tomorrow. Good news Lunches are made for tomorrow.

I was interrupted. And I wasn't prepared. But that is okay because at the end of the day if God is proud of me than that is ALL that counts!!

God is love ~Jessica

No comments: