Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

Corned Beef HEAVEN!

On St. Patrick's Day I decided to make Corned Beef and Cabbage for the very first time.  I knew what I wanted had to be so good that I would want to lick the bowl.  So I set out on a quest to find the best of the best. The road I was taken on would lead me to the door of my Aunt Maryann.  I remember as a child her corned beef being so very tasty.  I called her and the following is the recipe that she gave to me for the corned beef.  The cabbage was my own recipe.

Corned Beef:
4 lbs of corned beef rinsed and put into a pot.  Fill just above the meat with water.  Put in spices it comes in.  Simmer for 2 1/2 to 3 hours. 
Take out and put in a Pyrex dish and top with a mix of Dijon mustard with brown sugar to make a glaze.
Put a small amount of water in the bottom of the dish and bake uncovered at 325 for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.  The glaze will form a crust. 

Cabbage and Carrots:
In a small dutch oven quarter your cabbage and and place inside with carrots.  Drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.  Add as small amount of water to steam.  Place in oven for the duration of time you have the corned beef in the oven.

Can I tell you that this was so good that I didn't want to share.  This is my new go to recipe for Corned Beef and Cabbage.  I hope you enjoy this as much as I did!

No comments: