Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Sick of being Sick.

If I lived to never have the flu or cold or strep throat again it would not be too soon.
I am totally over this. I was up ALL night long coughing and coughing and coughing. Just as I am now. I ended up staying in bed and kept Gena home with me. Why you ask? Why would a mom who hasn't slept and is sick keep her overly hyped up child home with her. Torture I suppose or the fact that I wouldn't have been able to drive her to preschool let alone drive home and climb three yes people three flights of stairs to get back into my what usually is a comfy, cosy bed, that I now do not want to lay in for the fact that i have layed there for more than 20 hours!

So now I sit in my Grama's lazy boy chair that I inherited after she passed. It is an old chair but I feel like I get a grama hug every time I sit in it. I type away, coughing. Barefoot Contessa is on the TV because God forbid that I actually turned it off, I might feel lonely. But you have the hellion child you say. Oh no my wonderful cranky husband came home early to take her to her best buddies birthday party. So the house is quite except for the snoring pug and oh did I mention my coughing. Oh I did didn't I?

I pray that I somehow make it up to see 18 kids and counting cause I just love this show. Will I make it up probably not should I DVR it probably if I had one but I am cheap or frugal whatever you would like to call it. I don't want to pay more than I have to for cable. In return my husband drops little hints at least 3 times a week about how great it would be to have a DVR. God Bless him for putting up with not just me but mini me (Gena) and the pugglypig Milo. Of coarse I am guessing it is fair game cause he has his faults too. Not just one but a few ;)

No comments: