Pages

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Learning

So I am learning about this thing called 'emotional eating'.

I have been researching it because I 'know' I have to be one. Well did I hit the nail on the head! Okay so Now that I know I am one whats next?

Well now I figure out how to deal with it and get through all moments in life without 'emotionally eating' and can I just say it is working.

I have lost 14 pounds in the past 2 weeks.

I never realized that when you are an emotional eater you suppress ALL emotions not just when you are stressed or sad. But when you are happy too!

Something in my brain was telling me I wasn't worthy enough to be sad.

So I ate.

I wasn't worthy enough to be angry. So I ate.

I wasn't worthy enough to be stressed. So I ate.

So you get the picture, but the kicker is this one.

I wasn't worthy enough to be HAPPY!

Of course I am worthy enough to be happy.

Ohhhh but was I wrong, well at least my brain was somehow telling me this.
When I am any of the above including happy, I ate.

And ate,and ate.

Why did I feel the need to reward myself with food. Simple. It was always there for me NO MATTER WHAT!

And I have the excess weight to prove it.

So now I am writing down in a journal: my food, exercise and best of all my feelings.

I am being a conscious eater.

I am not living to eat. I am finally eating to live, and with that my friends, comes a weight loss of 14 pounds.

I am excited to see what is to come. I know that the answers are right from God. And I am so thankful! I have been battling this for too long and I have been about to give up too many times but I never gave up on my faith in God that He would provide me with the answers I sought. And HE has.

God is love ~Jessica

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It stinks to learn that you do that doesn't it...part of why I started my little thing...that has gotten off track but will be coming back bigger and better soon!

One More Makes Four said...

Very true Kris, but its better to know than not to. And to have the tools to make it through makes my life a lot less stressful.