Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Saving Money

Okay so I don't know about you, but I haven't got the money to spend in the first place. So when I do have to spend it I try to find the best way to get the best deal.

First let me tell you my wonderful husband took me shopping for new everything this past weekend. It was well overdue. I don't think I have done that kind of shopping in years. And it wasn't even a lot in some peoples minds. But for me it was.

We went to Lane Bryant and I got 5 pairs of pants and 2 shirts for $50 dollars. Okay so drum roll please that was $200 in savings you all! I was SO proud of myself.

Then we went to Wal-Mart and I got 3 bra's, 10 pairs of socks and 12 pairs of underwear for $50. So excited (I know you wanted to know about that part right hahaha)

Then the next day we went to Sketchers Outlet
I got 2 pairs of shoes for what was supposed to be $130 for $60!

I have to tell you I am so excited. My husband never once, let me say that again, NEVER ONCE, complained about how long I was taking! He was such a gentelman.

So here is also another site that I have been using to save money with groceries.
I Heart Publix. It may take a little bit to get the hang of it but once you do, you can't help but be amazed.

I usually don't clip coupons. Why you ask? Well because I just end up forgetting them. Then I found this website and made my own Coupon Binder (Google it and you can find so many variations on how to make your own) and so far this is what the past 2 weeks has looked like:

Last Week:
Spent: $160 Saved: $61 Paid out of pocket$99

This week: Spent $128 Saved $40 Paid out of pocket $88

If you have/know of any other ways to save money please oh please leave a comment.
I would love to hear about them!

Have a blessed day~ Jessica

UPDATE: On October 2nd I went to Publix and spent $128, Saved $72 Out of Pocket: $56!!! So VERY proud of myself. And If the lady at I HEART PUBLIX ever stops doing her blogs I will have to go find her and BEG her to do them LOL

No comments: