Pages

Thursday, August 20, 2009

If you leave it they will eat it.

Okay so I know better than to do this but did it anyway.
I cleaned out my purse and put the gum with the red dye on my desk and wal-la my child ate it. I can not begin to tell you what a crazy evening my husband and I had with her. So now my full pack of gum is gone and finally at 9:30 at night my child sleeps.

For those of you who are not aware my child can not have artificial dyes especially red dye.
I thought for a long time she had ADHD, then I found out about red dye.
An answer to my prayers.
I had NO idea how much stuff has artificial dyes in it. I feel bad that she doesn't get to enjoy a lot of those types of foods anymore but there is no comparison when it comes to my child not having the "junk".

Tonite she was so uncontrollable I thought to myself how did I do this for so long with her acting like this.

So needless to say the gum is in the trash, well what was left of the second pack, oh yeah I didn't mention that did I ha ha.

Things like:
Macaroni and cheese
cake mix
cream cheese frosting
cheese its
yogurt
some chips
and SO many more have dye in them and I wasn't even aware.


If you want more information on red dye here is a great link. http://www.red40.com/pages/allergies.html
There are so many other websites you can look into. But this one is for red dye #40 and I have learned over the past months that anything that has an artificial dye doesn't get to come into our house and now no longer my purse.

There are so many great products out there that are organic and cost very little more if not the same as the other foods. I have found Target to be a great place to find so many organic foods.

I hope this has helped some of you if not all.~Jess

No comments: