Pages

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A first

Today was the first day of Kindergarten for my daughter. I got up early and made sure everything was done for her. She DID NOT want to wake up. I stood there thinking to myself- Self what are you going to do?- so I did something I always swore I would NEVER do! I did what my dad used to do to me in the mornings to get me out of be because I too would NOT get up!

I pulled the covers off of her!

Well that didn't work she gave me the meanest look and went back to sleep WITHOUT the covers! So I wont do that anymore.

Finally we made it to school and I wanted to cry. My baby was going to school not just preschool but BIG KID school! With a wave a hug and a kiss my daughter was ready to start her day. I left and prayed many a prayer on my way to work. I knew she would be okay but I wasn't so sure about her mommy.

I went to the store before picking her up and got her, her favorite donut, boy was she excited when I picked her up and she had a treat.

I asked her how her day went and she said good then I asked what she did:
Mommy I played on the playground and slept on the floor at nap.
Me: did you eat your lunch?
Her: just my fruit snack, I didn't eat anything else.

No wonder the kid ate the donut in less than 60 seconds!

So with that we are to settle into a routine and a year full of sleeping on the floor and playing on the playground.

God is so good. No only did he give my daughter a good day but he also got me through her first day too :) God is Good ~Jessica

No comments: